Welcome to the website of the television AFRICA INITIATIVE program, produced by
Our guest this week is the fashion designer Ciss St Moise. As well as running the Association of Ivorian Fashion Designers he organises the N’zassa festival to promote the continent’s fashion on the world stage.
Launched in September 2002 and produced in English, French, and Portuguese by the People TV press agency, INITIATIVE Africa is a 30-minute, bimonthly programme broadcast by 39 television channels in Africa and 5 television channels in Europe. The programme is composed of several four to eight-minute reports that are commented on by a special guest. The programme is the result of close collaboration with journalists designated by the partner television channels. Viewers vote for the report they liked best.
INITIATIVE Africa’s editorial line respects individuals and associations at a local, national, or regional level. The Initiative Africa programme highlights individual or collective initiatives (NGOs, government agencies, enterprises, informal groups) that contribute towards the development of ACP nations in the domains of education, health, environment, and culture. The filmed reports portray the men and women in Africa’s villages, towns, and cities who are working to change people’s day-to-day lives. By choosing stories that are exemplary and by inviting a special guest active in development issues the magazine’s aim is to promote and encourage an initiative-oriented mind-set. The guests may be show business personalities, specialists on development issues, or heads of state.
- Title: Initiative Africa
- Format: 26 minutes
- Languages: French and English.
- Support: Béta SP ou DVcam.
- Frequency: weekly.
- Diffusion: Scheduling prime time, usually between 6:30 p.m and 9:30 p.m
- Channels: : ORTB, GOLFE TV, RTB, RNTB, SPECTRUM TV, CRTV, TVCA, TV CONGO, ANTENNE A, RTI 2, RTD, EBC, RTG1, RTG2, KBC, ORTM, NBC, MBC2, TVM2, TV DOUNIA, AIT, NTA2, NTA1, RTPAI, TBC, ORINFOR, RTS, SL BS, SSTV, Channel 10, ONRTV, TV7, WBS LTD, BEN TV, ZNBC, BTA, LCS Sénégal, Rwanda TV10, TVR, UBC
- Creating Magazine: June 2002.
- Production: People TV.
Journalist bilingual presenter, professor of finance and economics at the Sorbonne, Paris.